Horsemen’s Track and Equipment and SCTrailers have joined forces to create the most advanced equine ambulance in the world. The Equine Medical Transport unit offers several unique features that set it apart from other equine ambulances on the market, including key fob technology, which allows operators to move the divider and lower the trailer flush to the ground with the touch of a button.
“With the past industry gold standard, Kimzey, focusing their business on splints and other items and no longer producing an equine ambulance, we felt that we had to offer an option,” said Randy Block of Horsemen’s Track and Equipment. “We were fortunate to be introduced to Michael Cox of SCTrailers. Like me, Michael’s a horseman first, and understands the key features needed.”
With significant input and best-practices shared by track superintendents; first responders and veterinarians, Horsemen’s Track and SCTrailers have developed the new benchmark in equine medical transportation. Key features include the ambulance being able to be lowered flat to the ground and a strong electric divider to help comfort an injured horse. The key fob controls make it even easier to operate and load horses.
“Our industry continues to focus on jockey and equine safety and welfare. In times of equine injuries rapid response is crucial,” said Dr. William Farmer, Churchill Downs Equine Medical Director. “This ambulance not only streamlines the process of loading and transporting a horse, but does so while keeping the horse and attendants safe. It is well thought out with the lowering floor – electric divider – as well as other features and the key fob control sure makes it easier!”
Features of the Equine Medical Transport include:
- Hydraulics to lower the rear for loading or unloading from the back of the ambulance
- Hydraulics to lower the entire ambulance for unloading from either side
- Electronically adjustable divider
- Heavy duty padding throughout the stall area
- 8’ inside head clearance in the stall area
- Interior control panel facing the stall for viewing
- Key fob technology controlling all adjustable aspects of the transport vehicle
- 100-gallon water tank with front loading for ice with 12 volt on-demand pump and spigot
- Light switches on both sides of trailer
- Structural steel super structure with aluminum walls, roof and sheeting
- Dual axles
- Electric brakes
- Double side personnel doors and double side ramps
- CCF granular rubber comfort and safety flooring, including Microban anti-microbial
- 48” x 120” drag mat
- Warn 5,000 lb winch
- Two 7’ x 20’ privacy screens that hook to rear doors
- One can connect fifth wheel coupler to goose neck 2-5/16 ball couple adapter, giving two options to connect a truck
- Stall camera
- Inverter for x-ray machine
- Loading lights for rear and side doors
To make the Equine Medical Transport more accessible to racetracks, equine hospitals and other equestrian venues, Horsemen’s Track has developed a unique rent or lease option, allowing customers to lease the vehicle with an end of term buyout, or rent shorter for weeks or months at a time.
“We understand that the purchase of an equine ambulance may not be feasible for those who may only need it a few times a year or have not budgeted this as a capital expenditure,” said Bloch. “Price cannot be a barrier in horsemen groups being able to utilize the best technology available. Therefore, we can finance with a top-notch leasing company or offer monthly rentals.”
To learn more about the Equine Medical Transport, or to schedule an appointment to see or discuss it, contact Horsemen’s Track and Equipment, Inc. at (502) 423-7798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
(from Horsemen’s Track and Equipment press release)