Fans signing up for the best New Horse Racing Betting Sites are spoilt for choice when it comes to betting opportunities. In addition to the US Racing events, the international scene provides a steady stream of top-class racing entertainment throughout the year.
There are several prestigious horse races held outside the United States, which are amongst the biggest and most important in the world of horse racing. Some of these races include:
- The Grand National (United Kingdom): Held at Aintree Racecourse near Liverpool, England, the Grand National is a steeplechase race that is famous for its challenging and unique course. It is one of the most-watched and bet-upon horse races globally.
- Epsom Derby (United Kingdom): Known as “The Derby,” this flat horse race takes place at Epsom Downs Racecourse in Surrey, England. It is one of the oldest and most prestigious horse races in the world and is part of the English Triple Crown.
- Royal Ascot (United Kingdom): This renowned horse racing event takes place over five days in June at Ascot Racecourse in Berkshire, England. It is known for its royal attendance, high fashion, and top-class racing, including races like the Ascot Gold Cup and the Diamond Jubilee Stakes. Expect a star-studded field of international stars if tuning into this one.
- Melbourne Cup (Australia): Held at Flemington Racecourse in Melbourne, Australia, the Melbourne Cup is known as the “race that stops a nation.” It is a prestigious handicap race that attracts attention worldwide and is an official public holiday in the Melbourne locale.
- Dubai World Cup (United Arab Emirates): Hosted at Meydan Racecourse in Dubai, the Dubai World Cup is one of the richest horse races globally, with a whopping $12m up for grabs, and features a quality field of top-class Thoroughbreds from around the world.
- The Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe (France): Held at Longchamp Racecourse in Paris, France, this flat horse race is considered one of the most prestigious turf races in the world and is known for attracting top international horses. Such is the quality of the field, that many racing fans consider the race to be the equivalent of the 1m4f world championship.
- Japan Cup (Japan): The Japan Cup is a prestigious international horse race held at Tokyo Racecourse in Fuchu, Japan. It has gained prominence as one of the richest turf races and regularly produces performers who go on to make their presence felt at the biggest global meetings.
- Irish Derby (Ireland): The Irish Derby takes place at the Curragh Racecourse in County Kildare, Ireland. It is one of the most important flat races in Ireland and is part of the Irish Triple Crown, and often attracts many of the same runners as the historic Epsom Derby.
- Saudi Cup (Saudi Arabia): The biggest event on the Saudi Arabian calendar is also the most valuable race on the planet, with a huge $20m in total prize money up for grabs. Held over 1m2f, this event attracts the most talented dirt horses from around the world.
- The Everest (Australia): This event from Randwick has shot to prominence since making its debut in 2017. Australia’s biggest sprint race takes place over the 6f trip and offers an impressive A$15m in total prize money, making it the richest turf race held anywhere on the planet.
These races are just a few examples of the significant horse racing events that occur outside the United States. Each race has its own unique history, traditions, and international prestige.