Horse Racing Betting Tips For 2019
Get the latest horse racing tips and get ready to place your bets on the big races of 2019 with the top online casinos offering free no deposit bonuses.
Horse racing is one of the most popular sports that Americans bet on every year and in this post, we want to bring you some of the best horse racing tips as well as information on the big races to bet on in 2019.
Most bookmakers offer no deposit bonuses to new customers which can be used on selected races. These bonuses are available as soon as you register an account and will give customers a glimpse into the many different types of bets available on horse racing. Aside from no deposit bonuses, customers could make a deposit and qualify for a match bonus. Online sportsbooks will typically match the amount of your first deposit and, as a result, double your bankroll. You could furthermore qualify for free bets and place a no deposit wager on your favorite horse. You’ll find horse racing tips all over the internet as well as tips to play without depositing.
Top Horse Racing Tips for Real Money Betting
If you are serious about winning with your horse racing bets there are several ways to do this. Our tips cover research, odds, different kinds of bets, and more.
- Do Your Homework: Reading the racing forms will tell you everything you need to know about a race and the horses. This will help you make an informed decision on which horse to bet on. Get some background on the race itself. The racing form lists the time and location of the race along with the distance of the course. It doesn’t list the type of track so you will need to find this out. The form will also give you the horses number and their draw (starting position in the stalls). You’ll also find the horse’s rank in their past few races. Knowing which horses are consistently in the top 3 helps determine who you should bet on. You should research the jockeys and trainers too and their wins. Learning to read the racing forms will help you select your winners.
- Use Different Types of Bets: The win bet is the most common horse racing bet but there are more bets available and you should learn how to use these as well. There are different betting systems too. Fixed odds betting is the most common and the easiest to calculate. Pair-mutual betting is where payouts are calculated on the total pool of all stakes for the bet. Exchange betting is the other betting system and instead of betting against a bookmaker, you’re betting against another person. When making your bets, the place bet is another option. You choose one horse and you win if the horse comes in first or second. It gives you two chances to win. You can also bet on multiple horses in the same race which can lead to higher payouts. This is done using exacta bets where you choose the horses you think will win a first and second place. To win you have to get both horses in the right order. A quinella bet is the reverse of the exacta because you don’t have to get the horses in order. Other bets include the trifecta and the superfecta which if done right can have massive payouts. You can bet on multiple races as well and place accumulator bets. Mixing up your bets makes for more fun and when you know what you’re doing can lead to bigger wins too.
- Find the Best Odds: If you are using fixed odds betting this is a must. Once you have chosen the horse or horses you want to bet on and the type of bet you want to place, the next thing is to find the best odds. Check with a number of different online bookmakers and choose the one that gives you the highest chance of winning the most.
- Bet on Multiple Races: This horse racing tip is all about probability. If you bet on multiple races you have more chances of winning. Bet on different types of races too. There’s flat racing, jump racing, and even harness racing. Choose a few different races each time and add a few different bets into the mix to keep the fun and excitement going.
- Manage Your Bankroll: Make a budget and stick to it. This is one of the most important horse racing tips there is. The amount of money you are willing to lose should be your bankroll and no more than this. The next step is to decide how much you want to bet on each race. You shouldn’t bet more than 3% of your bankroll at a time.
Horse Racing Events 2019
Horse racing is one of the best types of sports betting because there are so many options available. The horse racing calendar in the US is dominated by three Triple Crown Races. These are the Kentucky Derby, the Preakness Stakes, and the Belmont Stakes. The Breeders Cup event takes place at the end of the season.
The Kentucky Derby
Before the Kentucky Derby you have the Iroquois Stakes, which is the first of 34 races that make up the “Road to the Kentucky Derby”. It is a point based qualifying system whereby the top 20 horses get a place in the Kentucky Derby. The final twenty horses will be revealed with the Lexington Stakes which is the final wild-card race in the series.
The Kentucky Derby is for three-year-old thoroughbreds only. Commonly known as the Race for the Roses, it takes place on the first Saturday of May every year. The distance is one and a quarter mile and is the best-attended horse racing event in North America. The Kentucky Oaks is run the day before and is the third most attended race in the US horse racing season.
The Preakness Stakes
This is the second leg of the Triple Crown and almost always features the winning of the Kentucky Derby. The race is run over nine and a half furlongs and is always held on the third Saturday in May.
The Belmont Stakes
This is the longest race in the Triple Crown and is a distance of over one and a half miles. It takes place in early June exactly three weeks after the Preakness Stakes.
The Breeders Cup
This is a two-day event that takes place in late Fall every year. There are fourteen races and the venue changes regularly. Races in this event include the Breeders Cup Distaff, Juvenile Fillies, Turf, Mile, and classic.
There are lots of other horse racing events in different countries around the world that attract huge betting audiences. These include The Grand National and the Melbourne Cup Carnival.