Just in time for the holidays and right before the end of the 2020 tax write-off period, the Indiana Thoroughbred Alliance (ITA) presents their first annual Stallion Service Auction, hosted on Starquine.com. The auction will kick off at 11 am EST December 18 and run until 7 pm EST December 21, with a preview day on December 17.
The auction benefits Thoroughbred aftercare in Indiana, helping to fund such groups like Friends of Ferdinand, Indiana’s only Thoroughbred Aftercare Affiliated group.
Superstar stallions from as close as Indiana and Kentucky and as far as California and Florida are highlighted in the auction to entice any potential breeder nationwide.
Top Indiana stallions include:
– Swifty Farm stallions stakes winner Speightsong, Grade 2 winners Ready’s Image and Pass Rush, multiple stakes winners Isotherm and Guys Reward
– Breakway stallions include Forever d’Oro, Skylord and Grade 1 winner Turbo Compressor
– New Indiana stallions and Grade 3 winners Charming Kitten and Calculator, standing at Breakway Farm
– Indiana Stallion Station stallions including GSW Shagaf and Santiva
– Southern Indiana Equine stallion G3W Lantana Mob
Kentucky stallions include:
– Runhappy, TwinSpires Breeders’ Cup Sprint (Gr 1) winner, owned by Gallery Racing
– Calumet Farm stallions multiple stakes winner War Correspondent, Grade 1 winner Bal A Bali and Oxbow, winner of the Grade 1 Preakness Stakes
– Crestwood Farm stallions Grade 3 winner Firing Line, MSW Jack Milton and MSW Heart to Heart
– Mohaymen, four-time graded stakes winner now standing at Shadwell Farm
– Lanes End Farm stallions including Eclipse Award winner Accelerate, Santa Anita Derby (Gr. 1) winner Honor AP, multiple graded stakes winner Honor Code, top sire Lemon Drop Kid and Belmont Stakes (Gr. 1) winner Union Rags
Plus, Indiana’s all-time money-earning leading horse and multiple graded stakes winner, Bucchero, standing at Pleasant Acres Stallions in Ocala and California’s multiple graded stakes winner Majestic Harbor round out the list.
Unique to the ITA online auction is the offering of goods and services aimed at benefitting breeders in Indiana and those interested in bringing their mares to the state to take advantage of the lucrative Indiana Thoroughbred Breed Development Program:
– Full page ad in any 2021 issue of the BloodHorse Daily
– Equilume – blue light therapy for mares
– Graphic design services by Camille Weber/Hooves by Weber
– Full week’s board and broodmare services at Springcliff Farm in Martinsville, Indiana
– Full month of training or conditioning provided by Aaron West of West Thoroughbreds (excluding vet and farrier services)
– $500 voucher for transport in Indiana from West Transport
“Having the chance to offer such high-quality stallions like Mohaymen, Runhappy, Ready’s Image and Bucchero in our first auction is so exciting,” says auction organizer, Christine Cagle, owner of Springcliff Farm. “We are proud to not only support the breeders and owners of Indiana racehorses, but also support Indiana racehorses as they retire and move onto their second careers with the proceeds of this auction.”
The ITA is a collaboration of breeders, owners, trainers and horse racing enthusiasts dedicated to helping educate, inspire and support those interested in the Indiana horse racing industry.
For more information about the stallion service auction, visit the ITA website at http://indianaTB.org, or follow them on Facebook: http://facebook.com/IndyThoroughbred. You can also email email@example.com